My appointment was at 8:30 this morning. I didn't sleep very well because I was so anxious. After they called my name, we went directly to the ultrasound room. The technician asked if we knew what we were having and I said no but we hoped to find out today. I told her we had two girls at home and a boy would be something new. A few seconds later she said, "Sorry guys you're having another girl." She moved around my stomach and paused, "Yeah I'm almost 100%. I know it's a girl." I was so excited!!!!!
I knew from the very beginning it was a girl. I've had two very vivid dreams about holding my new daughter in my arms. I also looked at a Chinese calendar that is supposed to predict the sex of the baby based on the month you conceived and the mother’s age. It was right about Payton & Kennedy and this time it said a girl as well.
I think Grant wanted a boy because he is really into sports and what father doesn't want to share that with a son? We decided if we didn't have a boy this time, we were going to try one more time. Some of you might be thinking I'm crazy, 4 kids!! If we could afford more, I'd keep going. :)
After we found out, we went by the school to tell the girls. We told Payton first. She frowned and said, "No really, what is it?" She wanted a baby brother and told us, "I don't like sisters." Kennedy clapped her little hands so fast when we told her the good news. She wanted a little sister! Her principal overhead us and came over to give us all big hugs.
I wanted another little girl and I am so excited that's what God has given us!! I’m also happy to report that majority of my morning sickness is gone. Thank goodness. That was a rough few months. Our baby weighs 9 ounces and is about 8 inches long. She was sleepy during part of the ultrasound. My favorite part was when she yawned and then turned her little head. We were able to see her fingers and toes and her cute little profile. The whole ultrasound is on DVD, I think the girls will enjoy watching it. I am a little further along than we thought. My due date is October 4th instead of the 6th. I haven’t felt her yet but I hope to in the next few weeks. My next appointment is June 15th. More to come later.
No comments:
Post a Comment